In this digital age, people spend a lot of time on their mobile devices. This means that text message marketing is one of the most effective ways to reach your customers. In fact, 70 percent of consumers say that SMS marketing is an excellent way for businesses to get their attention.
Other companies are picking up on this trend and incorporating text messages into their marketing plans, forcing the SMS marketing space to grow. And with this growth comes an abundance of tools dedicated to text marketing.
With hundreds of SMS marketing software available, comparing the best solutions can become time-consuming and challenging. This is particularly true if you’re a newbie to SMS marketing.
To help narrow down the choices, we’ve compiled a list of businesses’ best mass texting platforms.
Keep reading to learn more about the industry’s top-performing SMS marketing tools.
9 Best SMS Marketing Software Reviewed by Capterra
Each SMS marketing platform has the same purpose—send bulk text messages to customers on your contact list. However, other tools provide features that allow for more personalized communication. And some even offer services that help teams communicate effectively and nurture leads.
The difference between the best SMS marketing platforms and the others are the following qualities:
- Ease of use
- Integration with other apps
- Mass texting with 2-way communication
- Reasonable pricing and scalability
Below are a few platforms that offer these qualities and more. Here are some of the best SMS marketing tools featured on Capterra (in no particular order).
Gleantap is an SMS platform made for fitness and wellness businesses. We aim to help business owners stay competitive in a fierce industry through SMS marketing.
For example, Gleantap gives users access to analytics that allow them to identify campaign successes and gauge areas of improvement. In addition, the A/B testing feature lets companies fine-tune their campaigns by creating variations of messages to see which yields the most results.
Our text message marketing software allows companies to manage contacts through an easy-to-use segmentation system. And with organized lists, users can personalize text messages based on customer interactions and attributes.
- Integrations with top CRMs: Gleantap works with apps including Mindbody, Mailchimp, Hubspot, Shopify, and Centeredge (to name a few). Connecting CRM with Gleantap allows users to automate their entire marketing and sales process.
- Affordable pricing options: We provide a tiered pricing plan tailored to various businesses—from small to enterprises.
- Exceptional customer service: A unique feature of Gleantap is our incredible customer service. Each tired plan includes support with a response time of 24 to 48 hours.
Yotpo is an eCommerce SMS marketing platform that helps brands improve customer relationships. How? This SMS marketing tool allows brands to interact with customers through various features like reviews and ratings, loyalty and referrals, and visual marketing.
This software is unique because it simplifies review collection and allows businesses to influence buying decisions by showcasing reviews. The main benefit of YotPo is that it aims to turn buyers into regular customers through social management. For instance, they recently introduced a social retention feature that differentiates and gathers the best content generated by the customer on Instagram.
- Targeted Text Campaigns: Users can create personalized campaigns about sales, product releases, coupons, and product recommendations.
- 1:1 Conversations: Interact with customers with in-app SMS chat and customer service.
- Accelerated Mobile Checkout: Give customers the option to text or click to purchase via SMS
- Powerful analytics: The user interface displays real-time analytics such as revenue, spend, ROI, CTR, and CVR.
- Convenient Review Collection: AI-powered Smart Prompts help guide customers to submit reviews. And partnerships with Google and Facebook allow businesses to share customer feedback with a broader audience.
Klaviyo is a unified customer relation platform that gives brands more control over consumer data and interactions—which helps them turn simple customer interactions into long-term relationships. In addition, since Klaviyo seamlessly integrates with other CRM, users get a full story on each customer that visits their website.
It’s an ideal tool for experienced marketers and might be too complex for beginners. So to help users gain their footing with the platform, Klaviyo offers free courses at Klaviyo academy.
- Seamless onboarding: The platform offers an intensive onboarding process that allows users to set up multiple workflows. Users also get access to an onboarding specialist to help them get started.
- Easy-to-use templates: Klaviyo provides an expansive template library, allowing users to create templates for certain campaign types.
- Automated text and multi-channel workflows: Companies can create flow with their drag-and-drop builder. Users can even build flows around customer preference and behavior.
- Organized customer database and segmentation: Klaviyo provides a consumer database that includes each shopper’s history with a brand’s website, products, emails, and texts. Users can use this data to segment subscribers and send personalized texts.
Twilio is an online communication platform allowing brands to add multiple channels and manage customer interactions. Along with SMS, they offer voice, chat, and Facebook—allowing users to customize their communication channels. Twilio also easily integrates information from custom sources like CRMs to provide contextual information.
A vital attribute of this SMS marketing software is that it uses Google’s Natural Language Processing Capabilities to help companies better understand the needs of their customers.
From that data, Twilio can use an AI-powered autoresponse feature called Autopilot. Autopilot aims to answer frequently asked questions. But its function goes beyond that. For example, it can uphold natural conversation and transfer tasks requiring human attention.
Twilio is ideal for businesses with multiple communication channels who want to streamline their communications and add SMS to their tech stack.
- Smooth API: Twilio’s API is simple to program, which makes communication extensible.
- Easy user interface: Users can customize their dashboard and share it with agents. Each customization can link new channels or perform functions, such as prompting reports on team performance or displaying customer satisfaction.
- Smooth integrations: Companies can use Twilio with other necessary apps like Salesforce, Zendesk, analytic apps, and customer relationship management apps.
5. Mobile Text Alerts
Mobile Text Alerts is an easy-to-use tool that lets businesses grow sales through texting. It provides essential functions for brands to get started with SMS marketing—from promotions to contests to reminders. However, with its straightforward features and interface, Mobile Text Alerts is best suited for businesses that are just getting started with SMS.
While the tool is simple and geared toward beginners, a few impressive companies use Mobile Text Alerts. Some include Roblox, Kroger, Yahmama, and Steak’ n Shake.
- Two-Way SMS service: The two-way service lets companies chat with customers. It provides a user interface that makes it easy to manage conversations, allowing users to follow up when customers have questions or get feedback and response promptly.
- MMS services: People love visuals and other appealing media. So Mobile Text Alerts provide the option to send multimedia messages.
- Straightforward setup: This beginner-friendly platform is easy to set up. Users create an account and get started within 30 seconds.
- QR Code: Brands can go beyond the typical signup forms and have contacts who can automatically generate QR codes to subscribe to texts.
- Smart replies: Businesses can create engaging and interactive experiences with automated responses triggered by whatever word the customer types.
- Opt-Out reports: Users can track and manage unsubscribers and gather information to help them decide about future text campaigns.
Salesmsg is a two-way texting platform that makes it easy to manage and track conversations at scale. As a cloud-based tool, Salesmsg lets brands connect services to thousands of apps through integrations. Some integrations include Zapier, Salesforce, ActiveCampaign, InfusionSoft, and HubSpot.
This platform also allows businesses to share their texting features with other team members to help optimize their sales and marketing reach. Users will also get analytical tools to help them track their campaign’s progress.
Salesmsg is ideal for sales, customer support, and customer experience teams to have meaningful conversations with clients and leads.
- Send Text from ActiveCampaign automations: Create texts inside ActiveCampaign Automations.
- Simplified user dashboard: Salesmsg lets brands perform multiple functions with ease. Users can set up meetings, change schedules, and message other team members from its dashboard.
- Auto-reply system: Its autoreply system allows companies to nurture conversations when a contact tries to message during off-hours.
SimpleTexting is one of the leading SMS platforms for sending text marketing campaigns and interacting with customers. And what’s great about this tool is that users can easily upload existing contacts directly onto the app.
This SMS software also provides various features, like web forms, text-for-info keywords, and mobile voting systems. Like many platforms on this list, SimpleTexting allows companies to automate their text campaigns for a more hands-free approach.
SimpleTexting delivers analytical tools which can track leads and conversion rates. And because SimpleTexting is a cloud-based service, users can check on their campaigns from multiple devices through an integrated dashboard.
- Easy user interface: Its intuitive user dashboard makes it easy to get started. Users can import their contact list and choose keywords with a few clicks.
- Unlimited keywords: SimpleTexting allows businesses to create multiple keywords at no additional cost.
- Smart link tracking: Users can track overall CTR and segment subscribers based on who clicked and who didn’t.
- Beginner-friendly: Newbies get abundant pre-built templates and campaigns, making the learning curve accessible.
Textedly is another cloud-based mass text message platform. Many businesses use this platform to send various marketing texts— including order updates, automated reminders, and payment notifications. Textedly also offers users access to a complete comprehensive overview of analytics. So businesses and marketers have an idea of what’s working and what’s not in their SMS marketing campaigns.
In addition to text features and subscriber data, Textedly also delivers other unique services, such as voice services and multiple user support.
We recommend Textedly for small businesses looking for text message software to help them scale their SMS marketing plan.
- Conversational two-way messaging: The automatic text response features allow brands to reply to customers quickly without writing a new message. Users also get custom templates and the ability to schedule mass messages.
- Compatible with Other Apps: Textedly seamlessly syncs with other software, including common CRM tools. A few integrations include Mailchimp, Facebook Lead Ads, Constant Contact, and Salesforce.
- Built-In link shrinking: Each plan includes a feature that allows users to shrink hyperlinks, and users get a report of how many users clicked the link.
- Longer text messages: Most SMS platforms limit users to 160 characters, but Texedly offers the ability to send text messages with over 300 characters.
TextMagic prides itself on being an all-in-one text messaging software. First, the platform lets businesses send bulk texts through a web browser or mobile app. Companies can even send and receive texts via email. Like many other platforms on this list, TextMagic also offers two-way conversations with customers. So companies can assign customer service team members to handle communications via text.
This text message platform also delivers API gateways and Zapier integrations in conjunction with the option to involve team members with the team-sharing option. Teams can even track leads through reporting and analytics.
- Single sign-On: Large companies can give their team access to the platform with secure identity provider credentials.
- Incoming message automation: Users can create automatic rules for processing incoming text messages, including auto-replies and adding subscribers to lists.
- Phone number validation: TextMagic lets users identify valid numbers and carriers for better delivery rates.
When choosing the right SMS marketing software for your business, consider one that meets your needs. Think about your goals for text marketing and which features will help you accomplish them. For example, if you want to foster a stronger relationship with your audience, opt for a software that offers one on one messaging or auto-replies.
If you’re unsure of which platform to choose, try a free demo. Contact us today to discover the possibilities Gleantap can unlock.
Get the full story here: